You know what we are talking about. The morning after the office party, or the concert, or the wedding reception or girls night out. The time in the morning when you as soon as you open your eyes the dreaded hangover feeling takes over. Of course we all want the magic cure for this! Sadly, we don’t have that; but we do have some natural remedies to help you get up and get going!
1. HYDRATE – we can’t say enough about this! Start the process before you go out. Drink plenty of water before, during and after imbibing of your favorite spirit. Before going to bed, try to down two big cups. In the a.m., as awful as it may seem, hydrate again. Water is great, but tomato juice with cayenne pepper, sugar, and lime should also be added to the hydration options as the concoction helps replenish electrolytes and get blood sugar back on track. No tomato juice in the house? Try a glass of water with a dash of salt and sugar both before bed and immediately upon waking up.
2. MASSAGE – Reflexology can help. A known remedy for a slew of ailments & hangovers included. To rub your aches and pains away (while assisting to speed up liver detoxification) stimulate the outer edge area on the right foot, about halfway between the middle of the foot and the little toe. This is the reflex to the liver. You may notice some “crunchy” texture—which is a sign that there is some congestion in the area associated with that spot.
3. Yoga – Try this pose to purge the alcohol form your live. Theseated twist pose can help to squeeze the alcohol out of the organs (imagine twisting a towel to squeeze out water).
– Get out of bed and sit on the floor with your legs extended straight in front of you.
– Bend your left knee and cross your leg over your right, placing your left foot on the floor beside the outside of your right knee.
– Rotate your torso to the left so you are twisting your body.
– Bring your right arm across your body and place your right hand on the floor beside your left butt cheek. Use this arm to help you twist even more.
– Inhale big belly breaths. Hold the pose for 30 seconds. Switch sides.
Now that you are feeling better you probable want to look your best and remove the last of the telling signs! Start with a relaxing mask. Mermaid Minerals Ocean Mineral Creamy Mask will re-hydrate your skin with rich marine & plant extracts. Restoring your skin to it’s pre-party state.
Moisturize parched lips with our hydrating Natural Lip Gloss. All of our makeup is Certified Organic, Vegan & Gluten-free. A touch of color will brighten your day while repairing your lips.
Get back in the swim and enjoy the day!